The Tree House Gallery and Tea Room, is located in the “front house” of Olde Avon Village. This original farmhouse of the Mathias Alten property was built in the Georgian Colonial style around 1850. Alten came to the United States from Germany in 1845 after which he married Gertrude Weber. They raised nine children in this house, finally willing the home and part of the acreage to their youngest child, Rosa. In 1896 Rosa married Peter Casper – thus the designation “Alten-Casper House” which indicates the first and last families to actually use the house as a family home.